Classifieds Ads is committed to helping people safely buy, sell and trade with one another in accordance with applicable laws, policies and regulations. If you find suspicious or questionable content on the site, please use our ‘report fraud or abuse’ links to inform us about any problems. We may take technical and legal steps to remove the content and/or keep offending users off Classifieds Ads.
Specific behavior that is prohibited in the Marketplace is described below. Also, refer to our Terms of Service for our spam and user conduct policies.
• Keyword Stuffing. You may not include lists of keywords in your listing for the purpose of matching against unrelated search queries.
• Affiliate Linking. You may not post listings where the primary objective is driving users to a website monetized by affiliate programs.
• Over Posting. You may not post multiple listings where the content is substantially similar to existing listings. This includes posting the same ad to multiple regions.
Communication Between Buyers and Sellers
To protect buyers and sellers, Classifieds Ads monitors email communication between users and automatically generates notifications when fraud is detected. This system is very effective and we do not allow users to bypass it; therefore, we apply the following rules:
• Email addresses that appear in listing content are hidden. Attempts to circumvent are prohibited.
• Phone numbers that appear in listing titles are hidden. Attempts to circumvent are prohibited.
• Listings with images that contain any type of contact information are prohibited.
• Listing with links to external lead-generation forms are prohibited.
Items that are specifically prohibited on Classifieds Ads:
• Alcoholic beverages and tobacco.
• Animals, plants, and insects that are regulated or prohibited for sale under applicable laws.
• Blood, bodily fluids, and body parts.
• Embargoed goods.
• Items designed to be used to commit a crime including not without limitation burglary tools, false identification, and items used to manufacture illegal explosives or controlled substances.
• Material that infringes copyrights, trademarks or other third-party rights.
• Misrepresentations and counterfeit or fraudulent items.
• Material that contains obscene material, child pornography or is harmful to minors.
• Prescription drugs, medical devices, controlled substances, illegal drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
• Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading claims that might require FDA approval.
• Services or merchandise that promote hatred and violence against specific groups of people.
• Services or merchandise that promote Penny Auctions.
• Services that are illegal including without limitation prostitution.
• Stocks and other securities.
• Stolen goods or property with serial number removed or altered.
• Traditional drop-side rail cribs described here.
• Items that restrict transfer (such as tickets or coupons) and items you are not authorized to sell.
• Items that promote multilevel marketing schemes
• Items used to solicit email addresses for use in spammy or unrelated marketing programs
• Content that can intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law.
We request permissions to access various pieces of data, including requiring users to Facebook connect, to help us verify the validity of an account. Rejecting or circumventing the permissions we ask for may lead to account deactivation.